I’ve sort of become a Louisiana travel writing pro. I didn’t start out that way, but after writing a few articles for Matador Network, I discovered they were desperate for content on my home state. Then those few articles turned into commissioned articles from Louisiana Travel and Tourism and I was Matador’s go-to guy. So here is my latest and I have to admit I haven’t done a lot of the things on this list, but now I want to. Well, maybe not spend the night in the haunted plantation home. 🙂 Enjoy my latest article… “9 Incredible Experiences To Have in Louisiana Before You Die!”
1. Two words: Open container.
2. We’re too cool for counties. We do parishes.
3. We gave you Mardi Gras.
4. And Reese Witherspoon, Jared Leto, Ellen DeGeneres, Jared Leto, Tyler Perry, Jared Leto, Harry Connick, Jr., and did we mention JARED LETO?
5. And jazz! And Satchmo! If you even have to ask…
6. We are the Festival Capital of America with 400 festivals every year. Happy Contraband Days Pirate Festival, ya’ll.
7. We also have the Crawfish Capital of the World in Breaux Bridge — that means we’re the best at sucking heads and pinching tails. Continue reading